Hylke Bons wrote:
> Cory K. wrote:
>
>> Hylke Bons wrote:
>>

>>> I like the sub-teams idea. But I think it's  a little unfair to let for
>>> example 5 teams work on a full theme, while only one gets chosen.
>>>

>> If all someone wants to do is default art that's the wrong motivation.
>> It ain't gonna happen. Ignoring getting into the default art is the best
>> and most freeing way to go about it. No limits.
>>
>> -Cory \m/
>>
> Why is that the wrong motivation? Isn't that the goal for 8.10?
> If someone wants to do a default theme to stroke their ego's or just for
> fun, I don't really care, it's the result that counts.

It's the wrong motivation in the end because history here has shown that
very little of what has happened has ever gone into default. Regardless
of why this is, it's the way it is and won't change any time soon.

So take "stroking one's ego" out of the equation and just simple create
for arts sake.

But history of this list has also shown that people talk more than
create. So really, my trying to help focus things over the past 2 days
will likely fall on deaf ears as "the kids" always think they know
better. ;)

Oh well. Have fun. I'm done.

-Cory \m/