Ahwell... you know what they say... We'll have to agree to disagree....
In regards to me "speaking for other people" I read ALOT about every topic
you can imagine
about Linux and Ubuntu in particular... which is my fav distro... I read
ALOT of other peoples opinions and I ask
them what their opinion is on the subject.... Also... I have been to uni
doing Network Engineering, I have seen ALOT of Students
get introduced to different flavours of linux for the first time.... and...
I have been in classes where students have seen and Tried
Ubuntu for the first time and have dismissed it as being crap.. just because
they don't find it visually appealing... Not knowing how truley
great this Operating System is... However, They always seem to take a liking
to Other distro's like Fedora, Pclinuxos, Bsd, Sabayon, Linux Mint etc...
Unfortunately People DO judge a book by its cover.... Ubuntu is probably the
BEST distro of linux out there, especially for noobies... but it Needs to
Improve its Artwork/Themes to appeal to a much larger audience... and that
is FACT. agree or disagree with me, i don't care.. i have seen it with my
own eyes.... I have spoken and asked ALOT of peoples opinions, and im
judging that based on what I think... and What i Know from other peoples
reactions....Afterall.... Even I am guilty of hating ubuntu when i first
tried it because i thought it was ugly, until i learned the ins and outs of
it and started to like it... but I have been up and down between Kde and
Gnome for years... Kde has Always looked better, and Gnome has always been
less buggier and has worked better... If only we can get Ubuntu/gnome to
look up to standard with Kde, we will have a better chance to compete with
Kde now that Kde 4.1 is getting VERY good as time goes by..... This is what
i want to see.
symon.