Hello and welcome on the list,

Feel free to show us your work, to design a specification for your "work"
theme idea, and even to work on it. Having a visually neutral is, I agree,
something extremely important. In fact, most of Ubuntu installs I see just
stay with the default theme, because not everyone tweaks his PC a lot.
That's why we also need the default theme to be "forgetable", while still
clearly representing Ubuntu, and, obviously, not ugly :) That's a challenge
for sure, but actual good themes are not the fancy and glossy ones, but
often, the well-thought and polished ones. I'm looking forward to see what
you have worked on and what you will work on, Alex.

Cordially, SD.

--
Steve Dodier
IRC : SiDi on irc.freenode.net