Changing for the sake of changing is absolutely absurd. Although I am
(hopefully) sure that there was a reasoning behind the change, it seems
without rationale.

I agree, let's pick an audience and serve them well. Everyone is impossible
and certainly (too) ambitious.

Changing sides AND order is chaotic at best and annoys even the most savvy
people who use (Ubuntu) metacity. I guess the key is to remain backwards
compatibility with this 'style' change and insure upgrades do not break
previous themes, but that would seem like making extra work while going
against the 'if it's not broke-don't fix it' rule.

Wesley