I don't know if this has been mentioned/noticed, but this change of
default effectively breaks a *load* of metacity themes, including
Dust, Dust Sand and New Wave and probably hundreds more on
gnome-look.org. Also Radiance and Ambiance also don't display properly
in the theme dialog, but obviously that bug can be fixed, making a
load of themes compatible with vanilla Gnome AND the new Ubuntu
ordering isn't easy to fix.

Luke

P.S. Also +1 on the muscle memory thing, I just can't get used to
minimize/maximize this way round, and reversing it breaks the new
themes. It basically looks like we can have the new themes, or every
other theme out there, but not both without fiddling in gconf-editor
each time.