On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Luke Benstead <kaz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know if this has been mentioned/noticed, but this change of
> default effectively breaks a *load* of metacity themes, including
> Dust, Dust Sand and New Wave and probably hundreds more on
> gnome-look.org. Also Radiance and Ambiance also don't display properly
> in the theme dialog, but obviously that bug can be fixed, making a
> load of themes compatible with vanilla Gnome AND the new Ubuntu
> ordering isn't easy to fix.

I don't think the theme is going to directly affect other themes. As
far as I can remember (correct me if I'm wrong), the button layout is
an option you can set with gnome config.  I certainly know it's an
option for emerald anyway.

> P.S. Also +1 on the muscle memory thing, I just can't get used to
> minimize/maximize this way round, and reversing it breaks the new
> themes. It basically looks like we can have the new themes, or every
> other theme out there, but not both without fiddling in gconf-editor
> each time.

I don't find it hard to switch between Mac OS X and Linux, I don't see
how this would be any different :)  I often hear people complain about
the switch from windows to OS X but they get used to it pretty
quickly.

-Chris