I'm running a Yuan PG300 PCI DVB-T card (also called a Stratford PG300).  It
cost me $55, and happily decodes all Australian free-to-air DVB-T channels
(including hi-def channels, although you will need a fairly beefy PC to view
them).

It works out of the box in Gutsy.  Pre-gutsy you needed to manually feed a card
number while loading the kernel module, but it still worked fine.

I'm currently running mine in a Mythbuntu machine (MythTV / XFCE4 / Xubuntu
mish-mash project) as a homebrew PVR.  MythTV's web interface makes it trivial
to schedule recordings (MythTV can pull TV schedules from the EIT broadcast
over DVB-T).  Recorded shows can be transcoded (XVid is my codec of choice) and
copied off to other machines in the house with ease.  Very cool little project.

I'll be buying another identical card shortly, as the family are starting to
see how easy the MythTV box is to use, and the inevitable is occurring: people
want to record multiple channels at once, which means needing another card. :)

-Dan

 On Fri Apr 11  9:48 , Paul Gear  sent: