> > On 11/04/2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > I'm running a Yuan PG300 PCI DVB-T card (also called a Stratford PG300).
> It cost me $55, and happily decodes all Australian free-to-air DVB-T
> channels (including hi-def channels, although you will need a fairly beefy
> PC to view them).
> > >
> > > It works out of the box in Gutsy.  Pre-gutsy you needed to manually feed
> a card number while loading the kernel module, but it still worked fine.
> > >
> > > I'm currently running mine in a Mythbuntu machine (MythTV / XFCE4 /
> Xubuntu mish-mash project) as a homebrew PVR.  MythTV's web interface makes
> it trivial to schedule recordings (MythTV can pull TV schedules from the EIT
> broadcast over DVB-T).  Recorded shows can be transcoded (XVid is my codec
> of choice) and copied off to other machines in the house with ease.  Very
> cool little project.

Sorry for entering this so late, but Daniel can you give me an idea of
what sized machines you're talking about?
To be able to record 2 channels at once and view a recording?

I have bought 2 Topfield PVR devices, the first was brilliant till the
main board died and we were told it was cheaper to replace the whole
unit than fix it, and the unit we bought to replace it is starting to
play up... so now I've decided that a MythBuntu box would be the best
solution... I want an idea of what I'll be in for...

--
Ubuntu Hardy 8.04
The less you know, the more you believe. - Bono