We must also remember that everyone's experience levels are different,
Ubutnu has been striving to make the transition to Linux smooth, but
their approach is not going to suite everyone! the concept of
repositories for software for some is WTF!  but for those of us that
have been using Linux (of any flavour) for some time, just think back to
the very first distro you ever played with, was it smooth running for
you? I certainly recall back in 1998 attempting to install Red Hat 5.2
on the PC of the day and I had nothing but trouble! mind you Linux
certainly has progressed a lot since then!

There is a lot of information on Ubuntu forums, but there is also a lot
of mis-guided information there as well, so in some sense you will be
told "hey do it this way" then to be told "no don't do that... this is
how!" etc... etc... again let recall your first experiences with Linux!

So we should respect that Linux isn't for everyone just yet! (but
hopefully one day!)

(Oh here's another thing, the default setting on this list is to reply
to the sender! not the list! so another newcomer issue there too!)

--
Scott Evans <sc...@vk7hse.hobby-site.org>

If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This
immediately
by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail
from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified
that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the
contents of this information is strictly prohibited.