> First you are forgetting most OSS softwares are almost never considered
> 'Completed' in sense of Commercial applications, they are in constant
> development, you can say most of applications are never out of beta. For
> example do you consider KDE4 as Full version, if you do you are making a
> mistake, KDE4 is considered buggy and beta version, Version 4.1 will be the
> stable version.

There is nothing like 'completed' software in any world, be that OSS
or CSS. KDE devs had made a really great mistake to release not even
half done software. I was very eagerly waiting for this release and
wanted to have it in Hardy. But as you mentioned it is not stable yet,
so it was not included. This is the point I want to make. If it is not
stable enough do not include it.

> However, Have you checked what were the the updates? the updates were not
> related to these applications you are mentioning, Most of the big updates
> came for hardy are security updates/kernel updates. Few major security
> vulnerability was found in several internal codes thus triggering these
> updates, You should be impressed at the Ubuntu devs, as they provided you
> the updates this fast, within 1/2 days of the vulenrbilities were found.

I check every bit of update before I commit. Only two updates I can
support of all these updates. The openssl and the linux kernel update.
All the others are inexcusable for a released 'production' OS. They
should've not included Bulletproof X in a production machine which is
the heart of the GUI. For crappy hardware with binary only driver, it
is ok if ubuntu or any other distro cannot work out of the box. But
for supported hardware it must work. The audio backend cannot be
half-done in a 'production' OS.

> Thats what LTS is about, Giving users a secured and stable OS, providing
> security updates as quickly as possible.

You see, giving users a secured and stable OS is the target for a
release. LTS means they will provide update/patches for a longer
period than the other release. Every release is same. But since LTS is
supported longer, people use it in production machine.

> PolicyKit is Developed and integrated by GNOME developers not by Ubuntu
> developers. Ubuntu developers integrated the GDE to their distro.

Not a single software is developed by ubuntu devs. Everything comes
from outside. When Gnome is bundled with PolicyKit by ubuntu, its
ubuntu's responsibility to make it work. If it does not work well,
they should not include it.

I have said already. I don't use ubuntu to test bleeding-edge
software. If I want to test new technology, I'll build it myself or
use Debian unstable.

> Its not that High-end AGPs are not supported in Linux, rather you are to
> have problem with low end ones. I've a rather high-end one for My system
> w/r/t its lifetime. works great. All my hardwares Just works Except my
> crappy Lexmark Printer and I'll never buy an Lexmark again.

Again, you missed the point. A binary blob is not supported in any
OSS. It can be done to run the hardware but not supported.

Nasim

--
M. Nasimul Haque, M.Sc.(SUST)
Wessex Institute of Technology