Hi,

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 9:05 AM, Bart Broeckx <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Having respect for each other also means having respect for all languages.
> if you prefer to make yourself clear in Dutch, German or French you must be
> able to do so. People who receive your mail should have the respect to try
> to read it. If they respond to your mail in their language we should respect
> that and at least try to read it and respond to it.

I totally agree with this! Everybody should be able to express
himself/herself, be it in English, french, german or dutch. I have no
problem writing in English, because I use English alot in my daily
life as a computer scientist. However others may not be that
comfortable writing in English, so they shouldn't be forced to.

Respect for each other is key! If you don't understand a message,
don't blame the one who wrote it! Just ask for clarification

> It's just an idea ... maybe we should discuss this in our next Ubuntu-be
> meeting.

I'm in favor. This will most probably be easier to clear out in real life.

kind regards
Wouter

--
http://wouter.horre.be/