Hi there,

Another 2 cents:  I think this whole debate on language(s) to be used on
this mailing list is really a *non-issue*.  We should not waste our time
discussing that over and over again every month.

I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of French speakers registered on
this mailing list are able to read Dutch (though they may feel less
confident writing in this language), and the same holds for Dutch
speakers reading emails written in French.

Most of the messages posted on this mailing-list are less than 15 lines
long - even when one isn't perfectly fluent in Dutch or French,
understanding these few lines of text shouldn't be an impossible task.
And the messages written here are usually no literary prose ;-)

So my suggestion is: let's just let people write as they want to, and
forget about enforcing strict language policies of any kind.

Cheers,

Pierre

--
Pierre Lison (student in Computational Linguistics)
Blumenstraße 17,        Web:    www.coli.uni-saarland.de/~pierrel