On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 7:47 PM, Tim <dark...@fastmail.fm> wrote:

On 22/12/13 10:36, Tim wrote:

On 22/12/13 08:51, Iain Lane wrote:
Indeed, we shouldn't be uploading GtkHeaderBar-using software into the
archive without fixing it to use traditional menus when appropriate.

  https://wiki.gnome.org/HowDoI/AlternateMenubarLayout

I hope someone from Ubuntu GNOME is going to look into this for ephy.

& sorry—I did hear about this update before it was uploaded, but didn't
think to check if it used the header bar.

I don't think the menus have changed since the last release? So really its just the missing titlebar and close button that are the issue?

Have added a patch that brings back the traditional titlebar and hides the CSD close button for non-GNOME sessions. I believe this should be equivalent to how it was in the previous release.
Thanks for the quick fix! This makes Epiphany look much better, though I've noticed one bug where launching the app sometimes opens multiple windows:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/epiphany-browser/+bug/1263495

I assume that this title bar patch is the first of many to come - I imagine you'll need a similar patch for every single GNOME application. Do you think you'll be able to upstream these?

adam