On 23/12/13 22:38, Dmitry Shachnev wrote:
On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 10:22 PM, Adolfo Jayme Barrientos
<fitosch...@gmail.com> wrote:
And what about Compiz/Unity? Do CSD apps behave well? (i.e. they
integrate window buttons to Unity’s panel when maximized, etc.?
Let me summarize the current issues with new GNOME apps on Ubuntu Desktop:

- Close button on right
     I've just pushed a (trivial) fix for this to
lp:~mitya57/ubuntu-themes/headerbar-fix.
fwiw, That is gone in 3.12, where they are now using gtksettings, however it looks you like you can completely remove the close button using this setting if you wanted.
     Will make a merge proposal soon.
- Text labels in headerbars look bad (i.e. the channel name in Polari)
     Needs investigating.
- Close button should be hidden for maximized windows
     Should be fixable by patching Gtk — looks like Tim is going to look at
that.
I am looking into hiding the close button altogether and bringing the traditional titlebar back, probably via a theme setting (for ubuntu), we are quite happy sticking with upstream designs for Ubuntu GNOME.
- In environments that don't support AppMenu (i.e. GNOME Flashback)
there are two toolbars
     Will be fixed in Gtk 3.12 (see
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/commit/?id=2863bb287cdd65).
     Maybe we can cherry-pick that.

After all these issues are resolved, we can stop patching apps to
remove headerbar usage. (For the apps in the default install, we want
consistency and useful global menu, so we will continue using old UI
there).
There will still be patching of apps for 3.10, like I said previously not all apps are using GtkHeaderBar yet.

--
Dmitry Shachnev