On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 7:05 PM, Jorge O. Castro <jo...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> ... or, how I wanted to kill Orcs all weekend, but instead I was
> wrestling with my operating system.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the overwhelming positive response. In true Ubuntu spirit
Rico, Michael, and Alberto busted this out today despite the timezone
difference:

https://launchpad.net/~graphics-drivers/+archive/ubuntu/ppa

There's no driver difference, so if you were using xorg-edgers or
michael's PPA, nothing really changes. The real fun begins when new
drivers are released.

- I've gone ahead an applied for the hardware for Rico and Michael
through the community process,
- We still need to sort where bugs will live and policies around bug
reporting and what not, but I'm sure we'll sort this over the next few
days.
- Some mails to the list seem to be stuck in moderation, can someone
on the desktop team check it out? In particular Michael Larabel sent a
mail with his thoughts.

>From my initial testing swapping over to the new PPA has worked as
expected, orcs were slain, I'm not trying to brag, but let's just say
Goroth Graug-Slayer won't be bothering anyone again.

--
Jorge Castro
Canonical Ltd.