On Tue, Jan 05, 2010 at 12:49:13AM +0100, Patrick Freundt wrote:
> To avoid misunderstandings I would like to ask the list in a bit more
> detailed kind of way for the proper procedure regarding bug reports, -
> because I am lacking official feedback regarding bug #500601, and on
> the one side I am aware that we had christmas and new year
> celebrations, people are generally busy with many things, etc. and on
> the other side I would like to move forward with several other topics
> that indirectly rely on this bug report.
>
> When you are sure that a software is not behaving as expected and you
> easily managed to reproduce that behaviour isolated from other
> influences, then how much time should you give to a bug report till
> you try a next step?
>
> What would be such a next step?

A good first step after reporting a new bug report is finding another
Ubuntu user who can recreate the bug report and subsequently confirm it
and set the bug's status to Confirmed.  This could be a friend or a bug
triager - lots of whom can be found in the #ubuntu-bugs channel.

--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com