On Tue, 2010-01-05 at 22:32 +0100, Patrick Freundt wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 10:15 PM, Brian Murray <br...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > Bug reporting does not "require[s] a form of social network" as the bug
> > was properly reported without one.  Rather to move the bug along the
> > triaging process usually requires other people to look at it and
> > indicate whether or not they also experience the bug.
>
> Well, yes! I can see that clearly now by this perfect example here[1]
> on your launchpad, and how fine grained Canonical's tactics work out,
> if (!) you dont run into a super (ninja) troll like me.
>
> At first a person who seems like the cute and warmhearted animal
> friend ("thank you for making Ubuntu better by reporting a bug"). Then
> the classic developer guy who tries to tell me at first the problem
> does not exist. Only as I raise the tone he confirmes the problem.
> Then we have this mysterious guy from Portugal who feels the political
> dimension of the problem. He will try to defend the case in a heroic
> fashion. And when you believe that you finally made it and the problem
> is properly discussed amoung those guys who matter, the Canonical dude
> shows up and wipes it all out with a quicky: this is only desire and
> not a bug, classified "invalid". *BANG*

For the record, I'm the "Canonical dude"...and I didn't do this as a
representative of Canonical, rather a common sense user of Ubuntu.  I
don't disagree that what Firefox does without your consent isn't wrong,
BUT I disagree that because you don't like what an application
does...it's automatically a bug.  Is it a bug that we don't
automatically enable and password protect your screensaver in Ubuntu? or
that we don't automatically encrypt all your data?

Perhaps you will get farther opening a bug with mozilla?...good luck

--
Robbie Williamson                                     rob...@ubuntu.com
Ubuntu                                         robbiew[irc.freenode.net]

"You can't be lucky all the time, but you can be smart everyday"
 -Mos Def

"Arrogance is thinking you are better than everyone else, while
Confidence is knowing no one else is better than you." -Me ;)