Dale Amon <a...@vnl.com> wrote:

>On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 02:01:22PM -0500, C de-Avillez wrote:
>> A lot of people left KDE when KDE4 was put out. A lot returned,
>others
>> went elsewhere. A lot of people will leave Gnome3, or
>> <replace by whatever interface is changing the paradigm>. It happens,
>> people (in general) do not like change. But if I do not like
>something,
>> and I want to _help_ change it, I need to put out a very clear
>> statement of what I think is wrong *AND* why I think it
>> is wrong.
>
>That is not really the nature of the discussion. Ubuntu
>is a product. Real people use it in business and often
>in mission critical applications. If Ubuntu wishes to
>gain market share, then it must meet customer needs and
>not cause undue havoc with the operations of companies
>all over the world. That is what has been quite clearly
>stated, not as a rant and in a measured and professional
>tone, by professionals who have advocated the use of your
>product.
>
>You need to be nice to the people who do that. It is not
>my job to help you build your product. My job is to
>develop my own products using your (or another if necessary)
>platform that is suitable to purpose.
>
>> I have not seen this here.
>
>You are looking for a primarily technical discussion.
>This has been primarily a business operations discussion.
>That is something I am sure Mark Shuttleworth should
>understand and appreciate.

There is a significant difference between Ubuntu, the FOSS Linux distribution,
and Canonical, the corporation. If you want to have a business discussion, it
should be with someone with an @canonical.com or some thirdy party business/
consultant.  In the context of a Linux distribution being more technically
focused is quite appropriate and expected.

Unless you're writing a check to someone, you aren't a customer.

Scott K