On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 02:01:22PM -0500, C de-Avillez wrote:
> A lot of people left KDE when KDE4 was put out. A lot returned, others
> went elsewhere. A lot of people will leave Gnome3, or
> <replace by whatever interface is changing the paradigm>. It happens,
> people (in general) do not like change. But if I do not like something,
> and I want to _help_ change it, I need to put out a very clear
> statement of what I think is wrong *AND* why I think it
> is wrong.

That is not really the nature of the discussion. Ubuntu
is a product. Real people use it in business and often
in mission critical applications. If Ubuntu wishes to
gain market share, then it must meet customer needs and
not cause undue havoc with the operations of companies
all over the world. That is what has been quite clearly
stated, not as a rant and in a measured and professional
tone, by professionals who have advocated the use of your
product.

You need to be nice to the people who do that. It is not
my job to help you build your product. My job is to
develop my own products using your (or another if necessary)
platform that is suitable to purpose.

> I have not seen this here.

You are looking for a primarily technical discussion.
This has been primarily a business operations discussion.
That is something I am sure Mark Shuttleworth should
understand and appreciate.