Hi Renzo

I can confirm that Ubiquity in Focal does not provide any means to
create a software RAID setup.

Moreover, while it at least has some LVM ability, it does not provide
the ability to create an LVM setup across multiple disks.

Unfortunately, this is not going to happen for Focal it's WAY too late
to make feature requests, that should have been done early on in the
cycle.
Renzo  could you please file a bug against 'ubiquity' requesting this
support be added into the desktop installer?

Thanks
Jeff

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 9:59 AM Renzo de Paoli <depaoli.re...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Ubuntu developers.
>
> Observations:
> - RAID is no longer only of interest to Server users
> - It appears that a number of users would like to use RAID on desktop machines
> - Forums, web sites, tutorials about RAID with Ubuntu Desktop seems to
> consist to a large part of explanations, how to get actually get mdadm
> - Getting mdadm onto an Ubuntu machine without Internet connection during
> installation appears to be a bit tedious
>
> Request:
> - Inclusion of mdadm in future Ubuntu Desktop releases, same as for Ubuntu
> Server.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Best regards,
> Renzo
>

> --

Jeff Lane
Engineering Manager
IHV/OEM Alliances and Server Certification

"Entropy isn't what it used to be."