Jeffrey Lane wrote on 22/04/2020 3:46 pm:
>…
> I can confirm that Ubiquity in Focal does not provide any means to
> create a software RAID setup.
>
> Moreover, while it at least has some LVM ability, it does not provide
> the ability to create an LVM setup across multiple disks.
>…

In June-July 2012, I designed how Ubiquity could present RAID and
arbitrary LVMs. Unfortunately no-one has had time to implement either of
those features yet.

RAID:
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bZ4yQIVgGaUGSYu3qiUHnQt3ieBZoqunP_DcleHCr3I/edit#heading=h.1skv3m3qgmzf>

LVM:
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bZ4yQIVgGaUGSYu3qiUHnQt3ieBZoqunP_DcleHCr3I/edit#heading=h.v8wi3omt1z0>

> Unfortunately, this is not going to happen for Focal it's WAY too late
> to make feature requests, that should have been done early on in the
> cycle.
> Renzo  could you please file a bug against 'ubiquity' requesting this
> support be added into the desktop installer?
>…

Lack of RAID has been reported as a bug several times.
<https://launchpad.net/bugs/44609>

And there are a few relevant bug reports for LVM.
<https://launchpad.net/bugs/1060383>
<https://launchpad.net/bugs/1302673>
<https://launchpad.net/bugs/1667486>
<https://launchpad.net/bugs/1668885>