On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 09:57:35PM +0100, Martin Pitt wrote:
> Andy Whitcroft [2011-02-22  9:18 +0000]:
> > Someone would have to make sure they point to the right place though.
> > I'd say about 80% of the packages I've looked at they are plain wrong.

> Really? I found maybe two in the last half year, which I fixed at once
> when pushing/uploading. In the desktop team we certainly take a lot of
> care to keep Vcs-Bzr: correct. Do you have some examples where they
> are wrong?

The usual case for this is a package that has a Vcs-* field for the Debian
packaging, gets modified in Ubuntu directly in the archive without pushing a
new VCS branch anywhere, and doesn't get the Vcs-* fields updated to
indicate that they don't represent the Ubuntu package history.

As a first approximation:

$ zcat ~/ubuntu/dists/natty/*/source/Sources.gz \
| grep-dctrl -r -FVersion ubuntu -a \
        \( \( -FVcs-Bzr . -a \! -FVcs-Bzr launchpad \) -o -FVcs-Git . \
           -o -FVcs-Svn . -o -FVcs-Cvs . \) \
        -sPackage,Version,Vcs-Bzr,Vcs-Git,Vcs-Svn,Vcs-Cvs | grep -c Package
1037
$

1037 source packages in natty with an ubuntu version number and some kind of
Vcs-* field set not pointing at launchpad.  Almost all of these fields
contain stale data for Ubuntu's purposes.

slanga...@ubuntu.com                                     vor...@debian.org