On Thu, Dec 09, 2021 at 05:53:20PM +0100, Julian Andres Klode wrote:
> We only should do it for jammy though, and not risk breaking scripts
> for testing stable releases IMO.

The benefit of this change to people running stable releases is just as
great as for those running devel. Arguably moreso, as we actually
instruct people to enable proposed to test updates. There's a strong
case for making that far less risky.

I can see a case for trying to anticipate any scripts which might break
though, and/or trying by enabling *one* stable release to see how it
goes. And there's documentation to update as previously mentioned in
this thread. This will probably want to be squared off before enabling,
so it may well make sense to do dev first and stables some time later
on.

Thanks a lot to Colin for working on this. 💚

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ i...@orangesquash.org.uk ]
Debian Developer                                   [ la...@debian.org ]