On Thu, Dec 09, 2021 at 04:27:31PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> This is now ready to use from the Launchpad point of view.  There's a
> "proposed_not_automatic" flag on distro series exported over the API; if
> this is set to True, Launchpad writes "NotAutomatic: yes" and
> "ButAutomaticUpgrades: yes" to the Release file.  We've also arranged
> for *-proposed to be pinned to 500 in launchpad-buildd, so Launchpad
> builds will ignore this; I can't speak for other build environments.
>
> Thus, from the Launchpad point of view this is ready to use, although
> somebody may want to check the behaviour of things like sbuild and
> pbuilder first.

Thank you Colin for the work!

If sbuild/pbuilder need adjusting, then maybe we need to do that and
then give developers some time to update their chroots so that we don't
break them (in non-obvious ways) all at once.

Another thought is that if there turns out to be an unintended
consequence for users enabling jammy-proposed (after Jammy's release),
then we'll have done that to them in an LTS instead of hitting an
interim release first. That might adversely affect SRU verification
workflow. But given that jammy-proposed is (after release) specifically
for opt-in and more-risky-than-stable testing, perhaps that doesn't
warrant delaying until Keen.