On Wednesday 26 July 2006 04:01, Matthew Revell wrote:
[snip]
> Would you be able to give the ubuntu-marketing list a summary of the
> IRC discussion you had with Brandon and Jorge, regarding the merger of
> buntudot with the Fridge?
Sure thing,

Some of you may not have known, but I have also been assisting Brandon
Holtsclaw (imbrandon) at http://buntudot.org for the past couple of months.
We started the site pretty much to take up the slack that the Fridge wasn't
doing, as well as provide links and what not to excellent how-to's and what
not that were buried in the wiki. Well as time went by, only a month or so,
buntudot.org became pretty popular. It was never meant to take over for the
fridge, just kind of take in the slack since the Fridge had gone stale.

That brings us to today. I am not sure yet, if it is 100% official, and I hate
to speculator, but it seems from conversation that buntudot.org will merge
with the Fridge. This means that buntudot.org will probably forward to the
fridge, and the team of editors we had there will now be on the Fridge
development team. Now, this is 100% set in stone like I said, but we did
receive word from Mark Shuttleworth (sabdfl) that he liked the idea and was
impressed with the informal meeting we had in #buntudot.

So, if things go as planned, the Fridge will have 4 new admins/editors. This
means, there is a great possibility of "Official" Podcasts. Since Brandon and
myself, as well as Jordan Mantha, Hybrid (sorry but I forgot his name), and a
couple of others, have create a couple now. We still stink, be we are getting
better, and maybe with the merger they can get better.

If you have any questions, I can try to field them, if I can't I will get the
appropriate person to do so. Thank you everyone for your interest, your
enthusiasm, and support for Ubuntu.
--
Richard Johnson ~ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ubuntu.com <> kubuntu.com <> edubuntu.com <> xubuntu.com