Most educational institutions, government agencies, and corporations are easily reachable by phone or email, making them a considerably more accessible target than then general public.  I say this mostly from experience in working with K-12 and Higher Ed clients to promote various proven teaching technologies.

That said, what is the Marketing Team's stance on targeted Email, Phone, and face-to-face contact?  Should a spec be written for "Ubuntu Marketing Account Executive," including associated specs for "Ubuntu Marketing Campaign-in-a-box," "Ubuntu Marketing Kit" or some such thing?

I believe there needs to be a turnkey "Ubuntu Advocate" solution for all of the folks out there who are nuts about Ubuntu, yet aren't computer gurus (like myself.)

(my apologies for cluttering the list if all of this is already in the works)

Cheers,
Dan

https://launchpad.net/people/meatballhat