On 11/7/06, Nathan Eckenrode <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'd just like to weigh in on this issue, as I have come up against it, and
> generally the solution I seek - which allows me to have some crediblity as
> well as remain 'unofficial' - is the position of Community Representative.
>
> This seems to solve a couple of problems as well as giving me a title that
> don't sound too corny. Additionally, as the most important feature which I am
> advocating during any event where I am representing Ubuntu is that of the
> community, speaking as a Community Representative reinforces the
> philosophical  views as expressed on the front page of http://ubuntu.com.
>
> On Tuesday 07 November 2006 06:26, Daniel Buch wrote:

Here are my thoughts on representing Ubuntu officially:

-Ubuntu and Canonical are different thinks. When you go to sell Ubuntu
to somebody, stress the Marketplace of vendors, backstopped by
Canonical
-As long as you are being sane, I see no reason for people creating
business cards with a "community rep" tagline on them. I believe there
are business card templates on DYIMarketing page on the wiki.

Corey