Hi,

* Corey Burger:

> Alright, so Martin kicked the ball going here and got an irc channel
> up and running at #ubuntu-news.
>
> We chatted and the best division is probably this:
>
> -news: UWN, Fridge, ubuntu.com news
> -marketing:DIY, alpha/beta release notes, tours, etc.
>
> Here are the bits that need to be decided:
> - What to do with the fridge-devel mailing list?
> - What to do with the marketing-submissions mailing list?

I've begun drawing up a spec to consider a number of these issues, and
others at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuNews

> My gut feeling would be to make fridge-devel the ubuntu-news-team
> mailing list, turn off the free submit and then make the
> -marketing-submissions into -marketing-news-submissions to cover both
> marketing and news inbound information. The reason I say keep one
> submissions mailing list is that people sending stuff in are likely to
> have no idea how we are going to use this information.

I think we need one mailing list for all news related items. That was
the whole idea. I'd suggest calling it ubuntu-news-submissions, and I
think it should be free for all to post to, like the fridge-devel list
is now.

Then the marketing team can have whatever lists it feels are necessary
(ubuntu-marketing, ubuntu-marketing-submissions); I'm not too concerned
about that side because I think the marketing side of things should be
separate from news.

Matt
--
http://www.mdke.org