> The idea would be to have an ubuntu-news team, which would in fact
> just group all of us working on UWN, The Fridge, Ubuntu.com News and
> FullCircle.
>
> Most of the current projects members overlap, as the news stories do,
> so something useful for The Fridge, might also be useful for UWN.
>
> I think instead of having a *very spammed* open mailing list, we
> should have a simple form on a webpage with a CAPTCHA like mechanism
> to avoid spam bots. It's a much easier to submit then mailing a list
> (you can bookmark it, and doesn't require you to open a mail client).

Ugh, no. You need to have a mailing list AND a webform. The whole idea
behind -marketing-submissions is for it to cover both, as I have
explained several times.

> I would like the mailing list to be used for receiving the web form's
> input, and members to propose and discuss news, so everybody else
> knows about it and can add it to their project if they find it
> interesting.

If spam did not exist I would agree with you. So better to have two
lists, one to collect the original sending with a reply-to to the 2nd
list, the actual main discussion list.

> I believe the news team should actually be a team itself, instead of
> focusing on each project, where, for example on the UWN, there's just
> really Corey, Nick and me as regulars, and some sporadic
> contributions.

Yep

> Having -news work as a team itself would probably make it easier for
> members to cross over to other projects and contribute to them.

Ok, thus from this we end up with four lists:

ubuntu-marketing
-Remains the discussion point for the marketing team

ubuntu-news-team
-Discussion point for the new -news team

ubuntu-news
-Remains the sending point for the UWN and FullCircle, plus other news
(this is merely for the actual sending of the news, the distributiion)

ubuntu-marketing-news-submissions
-Changes name slightly and becomes the primary focal point for all
inboudn information, either for the UWN, the Fridge or other marketing
and news projects. Lumped together so as not to confuse people.

Corey