On 20/08/07, Chris Rowson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm a little confused at what pull the marketing team has over John's
> site, as he pays for the hosting and owns the domain name. I think
> that perhaps we should be a little bit diplomatic with asking for more
> ;-)

I understand that, and hadn't intended to be curt. I wrote to John off
list with a fuller explanation, but the reason why I think it's worth
getting to the bottom of this is that the marketing team currently
lists this website as one of its projects. Now, obviously it's totally
fine for an individual to have their own site and take care of it as
they wish without reference to a community team (there are some great
sites out there that do just that), but it's important that the team
clarifies for its own purposes how and to what extent it can
contribute ideas and new features for the site (especially if the
alternative is to develop another similar site).

Having said that, it's clear that this discussion shouldn't get in the
way of the project developing; i.e. people should actually be thinking
about making videos. Had you envisaged writing some guidelines for how
to go about making videos; i.e. what sort of ideas are acceptable,
what technologies can be used to make them, etc?

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org