John Botscharow wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 21:55 -0400, Cory K. wrote:
>
>> Nick Ali wrote:
>>
>>> The problem with this is that people start expecting things from
>>> Canonical. Why doesn't Canonical do this, why don't they do that. Its
>>> already evident in this thread. We should definitely work with
>>> Canonical coordinating events. But expecting Canonical to hire someone
>>> to help us do marketing is not realistic.
>>>

>> +1
>>

>>> Like people have suggested, we need to get LoCos involved. Cory's
>>> suggestion of working with the Artwork Team is dead on. We should
>>> engage them to help us create promotional and marketing material that
>>> LoCos can use.
>>>

>> I completely think this is what this list should be. A place to spread
>> the Ubuntu brand through DIY methods. Using the LoCos as street teams
>> and the artwork community for resources. If I see this happen I know I
>> would work on the art effort.
>>
>> But if the team continues in it's current state, I personally don't see
>> the point of it. Considering the history and lack of real man-power.
>>
>> -Cory K.
>>

> Cory,
>
> To whom do you see us marketing?

Nobody. That's the problem. And IMO, Canonicals.

> and what specifically should we be
> marketing? Do we restrict ourselves solely to making converts at the
> individual user level or do we also work on making institutional
> converts, like, eg, the British Education Ministry?

I've honestly never seen the point to this of team. Hence, I would like
to see a reordering of what the team is trying to do. Or even
disbanding. Up until this week, there's been tumbleweeds blowing through
this list.

I see the marketing of Ubuntu as a Canonical responsibility. Anything
"community" lead I see as D.I.Y./street team work. Just me.

If I had my way, I'd reinvent the team as Ubuntu-StreetTeam or something.

-Cory K.