John Botscharow wrote:
> John V.,
>
> What a perfect segue to something I wanted to propose, but was waiting
> to see if more members of the group chime in:
>
> My talents and experience are not in the programming area. far from it!
> I am a writer and a blogger. So, the other day, when Ronnie Tucker of
> FCM came on with the draft of the new issue of FCM, I contcted her about
> helping with the mag. And in looking over the magazine, I noticed that
> there is NOTHING about marketing Ubuntu.
>
> I asked Ronnie about contributing some sort of regular marketing column
> and she felt that that was something I needed to talk over with the
> team, which makes sense. How do you all, and hopefully this post will
> get responses from more people, about a regular column in FCM? Something
> geared towards new people or even geared to converting non-Ubuntu people
> into Ubuntu users?
>
> FCM could be very useful as a marketing tool. It is very attractive,
> informative and quite professional. And it is pretty representative of
> the whole community.
>
> We can hash out the details on what the column each month should be
> about, bt I am offering to do the actual writing. And I would submit a
> draft to the team for their inpit and approval each month before sending
> it to Ronnie.

Yes - for FullCircleMag it would probably go down well as 'spread
Ubuntu' or similar. Not much theory but a lot of 'let us do this' - or
that, or good idea of the month, the bumper stickers project, or etc
etc. Not just limited to marketing news which was created by others,
that is. When a newcomer reads something which assumes they are part
of an enthusiastic group, then the newcomer feels good about joining in?
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391