John Vilsack, John Botscharow and Cory K:

You seem to be the ones most interested and able to form a more formal leadership of this group, so please go ahead and work something out. You have at least my blessing.

Take the discussion off this list, include more people in your group if they show interest and have something to contribute and return to the list with clear questions and proposals.

We are a meritocracy here, the ones offering good leadership and have a good track record will become defacto leaders with the majority of people joining ranks. If you fail in providing leadership and guidance which is accepted by the community at large you will simply be replaced or ignored.

My apology if I've left somebody out who have offered leadership and seems able, I've just followed this discussion for two days.

Also, try to get Rubén Hubuntu involved, he seems to be a doer, his initiative with SpreadUbuntu is applaudable and a good website will be central to any kind of organization.

Thats my opinion anyway. Start organizing yourselves and find a common direction and develop a plan for this community. You will either gain followers or be ignored.

If you need some help or suggestions I have plenty to offer and will be of assistance. In the meantime the rest of us can go ahead and gather/produce marketing material and discuss marketing strategies.

Regards,
Tord Jansson

Cory K. wrote:
John Botscharow wrote: