John Vilsack wrote:
> Cory,
>
> It was brought up during the meeting on Saturday that the more vocal
> of the group wished to see more concrete proposals and ideas before
> debating and ultimately voting on them.
>
> After watching the past few weeks of activity, I drafted my own
> recommendation which calls for a core-marketing team to form with
> subgroups forming to allow for greater focus and drive for the most
> important aspects of the group.
>
> You can find that proposal here:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarketingTeam/Proposal-Core-Marketers  It may
> be a little rough from the transition from Google Docs, so any
> pointers there would be appreciated! :)

Sorry I couldn't make the meeting. Ubuntu Studio and family keep me
busy. I will look over the wiki page and give my opinion. (for what it's
worth) :P

> I offered at first to help in any way that I could, but perhaps the
> community might best be served if I offered to help in the role of
> Tranitional Chair.  If the proposal passes, the Transitional Chair
> would be the person who helps to get the leadership team built and
> then passes the torch to the core-marketers group .  I have asked in
> my proposal that this person be excluded from accepting a leadership
> role to keep it fair, and I would be willing to agree to that if it
> meant I play a small part in getting recognized leadership for this
> aspect of the project.
>
> Please have a read and let me know what you think.  I'll post it once
> the proposals thread starts, but I think were are waiting on some
> things still from Saturday's meeting.
>
> Thanks,
> John Vilsack

I will say that this team is so disorganized and full of people who just
talk I feel a lead who has the time to devote and can move unilaterally
to create a framework under which the team can operate in the future is
the way to go. (for now)

Like I said, I'll look over the wiki and chime in. Were the meeting logs
put up anywhere?

-Cory \m/