I still say that until there is the Ubuntu ad that pops up on the
television set whilst *joe public* is watching it, we will be fighting a
constant uphill battle.
People will have to be introduced to Ubuntu via TV just like the other
OS's, and will have to be sold on Ubuntu. Once they have the idea of
what Ubuntu is and that it should be considered, then we have the
proverbial foot in the door!
Regardless of how hard we try, our number of users raving about Ubuntu
will not be able to surpass the numbers of viewers that will see an ad
on TV.
So, all this being said, perhaps it is time for Canonical to step to the
front of the bus, fund an advertisement and campaign internationally,
and let we, the little people, run with it from there.

--
Ian "Roscoe" Ross
breathe in | breathe out | move on.....