Regarding the "UI works for finger touch (no small buttons)" criterion,
it might be necessary to increase the default size of toolbars to
accomplish this.  I don't think that any of the Hildonized applications
that are provided by default have toolbars, but in porting VNC viewer,
which has a toolbar, I noticed that the toolbar looks fairly small at
the larger resolutions that might be common on MIDs, such as that
available on the Samsung Q1 Ultra.  The standard toolbar size worked
fine on Nokia Internet tablets, which have a resolution of 800x480, but
it might need to be increased for other resolutions.

Aaron Levinson