Rhoads, Rob wrote:
>>> SDIO
>>> ====
>>> No changes to the SDIO patches since last status report. We're in the
>>> process of integrating Marvell's GPL release of the 8688 WLAN + BT
>>> drivers. We're doing the initial port of their drivers from 2.6.18
>>> kernel and cardbus to 2.6.22 and Pierre's SDIO stack, but we will not
>>> support this port. We're expecting Ubuntu to help out here.
>>>
>> I haven't heard of requiring to put any effort into this yet. We would
>> of course required access to the HW in order to support and help with
>> this port.
>>

> I was told by Intel management that the Canonical Lexington team, as
> part of their support for your customer, would be support this driver on
> the customers HW. If that's wrong now would be the time to correct this
> misunderstanding. The problem with this driver is that the vendor
> providing it is unwilling to support it, at this time, on 2.6.22 or
> beyond nor are they willing to support it on SDIO.
right now, airdio, a partner of marvell, is working on porting the
sd8686 v9 driver to 2.6.22.  once
that work is done and acceptable to us, we'll need to get this version
into the gutsy ppa.

i started the porting work by diff'ing the current version of the driver
in gutsy to the v9 driver source that
i downloaded from marvell.  my intial changes were sufficient to build
the driver, however i didn't do
any actual testing.   i passed my initial diffs, my notes, and my
patches to airdio.

now that the new sdio changes are available from moblin.  we ( the
lexington team ) need to make sure
there are no regressions before asking amit to push both the new sdio
stack, and the modified sd8686
driver into the gutsy ppa.  at the same time, we also need to send the
updated version of the sd8686 driver
to airdio, so they can make the same changes to the v9 driver.

one question i have is whether or not intel is responsible for providing
patches for 2.6.24 ( ie. hardy ), and if
so, what's the schedule for this work?

thanks,
/tony