Amit Kucheria wrote:
> On 11/30/07, Rhoads, Rob <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Not exactly. Let me try (again) to clarify what were doing in order of
>> priority for us...
>>
>> 1. Release the 8688 drivers (BT & WLAN) to work on 2.6.22 plus Pierre
>> Ossman's SDIO stack. -- Should be done between 12/3 & 12/14.
>>

> This is based on a backport of the SDIO stack from 2.6.24, right?
> So this will be available week 51 before people disappear for
> Christmas vacations.
>
> AFAICT, Canonical isn't interested in this driver currently. Tony?

Correct.  In the short-term, our customer is sticking with the 8686
driver as they decided against
using the 8688 part for now.

>> 2. Update the 8686 driver to v9 and make it work on 2.6.22 plus Pierre
>> Ossman's SDIO stack. -- Should be done 1 to 2 weeks after #2.
>>

> Availability: week 1-2 in 2008. This is the driver of interest to Canonical.
> Tony: Have we clarified the licensing issues with Marvell for this
> driver? Can we pull in the latest code into Ubuntu?

No, we haven't clarified the licensing issue yet, although I think is
more of an oversight than a real issue.

[The licensing issue was something I noticed while diff'ing the v9 8686
sources to the sources in Gutsy.  The new
v9 sources from Marvell's download site didn't appear to have GPL
licenses, whereas the code in Gutsy is
clearly licensed under GPL.]

I will check with AirDio and let you know.    We can't yet pull the
latest sources into Ubuntu as AirDio
is working on porting the latest version ( ie. v9 ) of the driver to 2.6.22.

FYI, I forwarded the contact info of David @ AiriDio to Feng and Rob, so
that they can try an coordinate
 their efforts in completing this work.

Thanks,