On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 14:48:57 +0100 Morten Kjeldgaard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> There is also http://dad.dunnewind.net/universe.php which, while
unofficial,
>> has the advantage of having comments so people can give status of what's
>> going on.
>>
>Which actually illustrates my point: there's dad and mom and revu and
>wiki and launchpad and a number of other ad hoc services only known to
>the especially initiated  developers and some which duplicate functions
>of others.
>
>Even though I am not a great fan of LP, it would make sense to transfer
>the task of at least some of the "ad-hoc sites" to there. For example,
>when generating the list of packages that need merging, it should *in
>principle* be possible to report these *automatically* as "Please-merge"
>bugs in LP, so the workflow could pivot around that. That would get rid
>of mom and dad for starters.
>
> I realize that the workflow has probably evolved slowly along with the
>MOTU population, but take this as a "fresh look" at the process. It
>needs to be revised IMHO.

There was some discussion earlier in the year about "merging"
merges.ubuntu.com (AKA mergo-o-matic or MoM) and DaD to provide the
enhanced front end to the official site.  Unfortunately becausethe MoM code
has never been released this needs actional from Canonical that has not got
done.

Someone could write a script to file these bugs, but that complicate the
worklow of MOTUs who currently don't need to file a bug for a merge at all.

I'd like to see the MoM U/I get a facelift so we can at least get back to
one site to look for merges on.

Scott K