On Thu, Aug 05, 2010 at 10:15:55 (EDT), LI Daobing wrote:

> ubuntu-tweak does not add any ppa to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ by
> default. this only happens when user ask it do.
>
> the add-apt-repository command in python-software-properties package
> also can add ppa to sources.list, so I don't think ubuntu will reject
> software like this.

The difference is that add-apt-repository is that solves the technical
problem of enabling PPAs. This is fine for ubuntu.

ubuntu-tweak however enables *specific* PPAs that are important to you,
but we fear that they have substandard quality packages (otherwise they
would be in the main archive, no?). This makes our users think that we
somehow endorse these PPAs.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4