On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 05:44, Benjamin Drung <bdr...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Yes, the merge or upgrade needs to be done by a developer. It's not a
> user task. My point was: If someone was able to provide a newer version
> via a PPA (and you install it via ubuntu-tweak), the person can get the
> package in the archive (through an sponsor) instead.

The package in Debian can build directly in Ubuntu and works well. I
am wondering if we don't really need a merge because I found there are
some code in the previous patches already in mainstream and the
package works well in our desktop. Also, I am sure there are issues
about indicator support open on upstream issue tracker.

What we are using from PPA (ppa:shawn-p-huang/ppa) is mostly build the
package directly from source without any change, package in Debian
adds the first of three patches ship in Ubuntu that adds the
X-Ubuntu-Gettext-Domain=ibus domain in .desktop file.

The other two are about appindicator and show_menuitem which are
somehow not easy for people who are not familiar with indicator-* to
do the  merge. ibus changes rapidly and indicator-* has changed, too.

--
Regards,
Aron Xu