2011/12/9 Gema Gomez <gema.gomez-sol...@canonical.com>:
> +1 to brendand for putting it so clearly.
>
> On the other hand, I am happy to do the intellectual exercise of trying
> to imagine what a long test case would look like with Gherkin method,
> and figure out if it would work. Can someone have a go at, let's say..
> http://testcases.qa.ubuntu.com/Install/DesktopWhole
Here is a quick and dirty example. I marked comments with #, however,
they should be removed for automation suite.

--
Feature: Ubuntu Full Install

Scenario: Default installation

When I boot with Live CD
Then I see a desktop
 And 'Install Ubuntu' icon is present

When I double click 'Install Ubuntu' icon
Then Ubuquity starts  #here we can check main window etc.

When Welcome screen appears        # add steps to check welcome screen
 And I click 'Forward' button

When 'Preparing to install Ubuntu' screen appears
Then Checkmark 'Your system have at least the amount a space indicated' is set
 And Checkmark 'Is plugged to a power source' is set
 And Checkmark 'Is connected to the Internet' is set

When I click 'Forward'
Then 'Allocate drive space' screen appears

When I select 'Erase Disk and install Ubuntu'
Then option is selected      # rewrite me, i look stupid!

When I click 'Forward'
Then 'Erase disk and install Ubuntu' screen appears
 And Selected item in 'Select drive' list is the drive on the chart
 And Full drive space is allocated

When I click 'Forward' button
Then 'Where are you?' screen appears
 And Current city is set to 'Minsk'         #Use variables here!
 And Current timezone is set to 'GMT+3'     #And here!

When I click on 'London' city on the map
Then Current timezone is set to 'GMT'
 And Current city is set to 'London'

When I input 'Par' in city textbox
Then Suggestions dropdown list is opened
 And Suggestion list contains 'Paris' item

When I select 'Paris' from suggestion list
Then Current city is set to 'Paris'
 And Current timezone is set to 'GMT+1'     #Is it? Correct if it is not

When I click 'Forward' button
Then 'Keyboard layout' screen appears

When I select 'EN' layout                              #review me!
 And I select 'EN-GB' variant                         #and me too, please!
 And I press 't' button
Then 't' symbol appears in verification textbox  #rewrite, looks ugly, huh?

When I click 'Detect Keyboard Layout' button
 And I answer all questions                           #expand me!
Then Proposed keyboard layout is 'En, En-gb'

When I click 'Forward' button
Then 'Who are you?' screen appears

When I input user details                    #expand - I input 'name'
as name etc.
 And I click 'Forward'
Then Installation screen appears

When I click left arrow on the side of the slide
Then Next slide is displayed

When I click right arrow on the side of the slide
Then Previous slide is displayed

When I wait for 1 minute
Then Next slide is displayed

When Installer has finished its tasks
 And I click 'Restart now' option
Then 'something about remove disk' dialog appears #oh my, its been
long since I installed Ubuntu!

When I remove disk
 And I press Enter
Then machine reboots

When Grub is displayed
 And Plymouth displays fancy animation
Then Login prompt is displayed

When I input required credentials        # expand - I input '' as login etc.
Then User is logged in

--
Vadim Rutkovsky