I have no problem with control-g now, i've been testing screen-profiles
since the start and at the beginning it was quite hard (sometimes i
still type cntrl-a before remembering that it's -g) but now i'm quite
used to that, is just a change, as when someone change from an OS to
other that is going to feel weird at the beginning but will love at the
end.

I'm happy with -g, but as kees said, that's what .screenrc is for.

--
aka nxvl
Key fingerprint = BCE4 27A0 D03E 55DE DA2D  BE06 891D 8DEE 6545 97FE