On 04/16/2010 10:48 AM, Andy Rabagliati wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Apr 2010, Egbert Jan wrote:
>
>> Drop it. It was the first thing I did when i was building a new server. Just
>> use the standard configs. Much clearer.
>
> I agree. Not dovecot/postfix related, but the extra dhcpd.conf (in a different
> directory!) for the ltsp config is a major source of confusion and
> time-wasting.
>
> Standard configs only.

Just my two cents... I would agree on the confusion part of the extra
dovecot-postfix.conf config file... It's an attempt to make the servers
more user friendly, which I'm not sure is needed... if somebody wants to
install/configure/administer a mailserver, that's not really an average
user task, the person should know a little bit what he's doing, it
shouldn't be "too easy" and integrated and out-of-the-box...

It should be clear that you have to mess with config files to set things
up and Ubuntu shouldn't make things easier, at least not on servers.
Desktop is another story. IMHO.

--
Imre Gergely
Yahoo!: gergelyimre | ICQ#: 101510959