> On 30.10.2015, at 18:13, lukefro...@hushmail.com wrote:
> I've tested wiping the cards and running file recovery, Foremost , photorec,
> and other software file recovery won't get anything.  Haredware recovery
> from bare flash chips off an SD card is much more expensive.

It's possible to recover incomplete pics by data fragments that don't have
hidden directory entries anymore. Recovery software usually just recovers
directory entries, likely by changing a delete flag and similar. Police likely
doesn't do this with a hex editor, they likely have software that helps doing
this. Such software also does math to revert some graphic effects that were
used to blur faces or text on a photos.