Here is a short, simple overview that could be used as a starting point by
nearly anyone able to boot US live:

Due to the growth even in open source of applications that "phone home," when
it is necessary for privacy or security reasons to be able to deny having
produced a media item, it should be done on a computer that is not connected to
the Internet.  The finished media can be moved by a new flash drive to another
computer in another location for publication.

When even more security is needed, UbuntuStudio can be run from the live DVD or
flash drive, and the raw media clips can be kept on removable media and editing
applications set to put their temporary files on the same media. When the job
is done the media containing the raw material (USB 3 flash drive or the
original camera card) can simply be destroyed. A USB 3 flash drive will give
far better performance when running "live" than a DVD or a USB 2 flash drive
will.

UbuntuStudio is almost opposite say, Windows 10 when it comes to security. No
automatic backup to cloud servers, no automatic sharing of encryption keys with
Microsoft, no "unique advertising ID," and so on. UbuntuStudio is not financed
by selling your personal information to advertisers.

On the other hand,  even things like automatic checks for updates can reveal
the existance not only of a computer but a computer with a media editing
program consistant with what adversaries believe the media in question was
produced on. Automatic crash reports can do the same. All of these generate
server logs that can be accessed by authorities or just plain stolen by hostile
hackers.  A computer that is not connected to the Internet can't connect to
cloud servers nor be listened in on over the network.