On Wed, 2010-09-29 at 18:41 +0100, Ricardo Lameiro wrote:
> maybe take a look at jack mixer.

I haven't looked at JACK mixer but ...
Seems to me that Ardour (or maybe even Audacity) would allow you to do
this.  I play my guitar into Ardour using pre-recorded play alongs or
backing tracks and it works great.

So if you have a Vocals input and import your karaoke tracks; when you
start Ardour you start singing. You should be able to use JACK to route
the Ardour master channels to your server input. ???

I am not sure what you mean by live tracks.  Are you using a live band?

Cheers,
Tim