On 09/29/2010 01:59 PM, Mike Holstein wrote:
yeah, this is a good point, if you dont need to be singing the tracks live karaoke style in second-life, you can just sing over top of the track and export it and play it

I could do that but its sort of "cheating". Ideally its a live perfmance, as in while the backing tracks are prerecorded my singing voice is live. I'll have a look at ardour. I've not tried that before but I thought it might do the trick.

Mike

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 1:54 PM, Tim Cook <timothywayne.c...@gmail.com <mailto:timothywayne.c...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On Wed, 2010-09-29 at 18:41 +0100, Ricardo Lameiro wrote:
    > maybe take a look at jack mixer.

    I haven't looked at JACK mixer but ...
    Seems to me that Ardour (or maybe even Audacity) would allow you to do
    this.  I play my guitar into Ardour using pre-recorded play alongs or
    backing tracks and it works great.

    So if you have a Vocals input and import your karaoke tracks; when you
    start Ardour you start singing. You should be able to use JACK to
    route
    the Ardour master channels to your server input. ???

    I am not sure what you mean by live tracks.  Are you using a live
    band?

    Cheers,
    Tim

MH