On Mon, 2012-03-12 at 11:09 -0600, Gustin Johnson wrote:
>  When I can no longer use a PCI card, I will do what I did before,
> research hardware components that are supported.

I own a RME HDSPe AIO since around 10 month. No serious work until now,
but this RME PCI express card seems to be ok.

hdspmixer does work, hdspconf doesn't work. I suspect alsamixer doesn't
support all options given by hdspconf, but I guess there aren't serious
limits without hdspconf.

I ordered a b-stock, customers return for  478,-€, 3 years warranty, at
a well known German retailer.

Since I don't had enough money to buy more RME components, I
additionally ordered a Behringer ADA8000 ADAT device brand-new for
169,-€. I also didn't use it for serious work until now, but I guess it
isn't a good device.

The RME doesn't work, if pulseaudio is enabled. Ubuntu Studio Oneiric
comes without hdspmixer and I just used a foreign package and run into
issues. I don't have any issues for other Linux installs.

- Ralf