---- On Sun, 30 Apr 2023 06:40:24 +0800  Erich Eickmeyer  wrote ---
> I have been working on making Ubuntu Studio simpler for *everyone* for the
> past 5 years

First, I would like to say that, apart from the static I've been experiencing
with Plasma, your efforts have been spectacularly successful!

The reason why I didn't think to check the website is... simply... because, in
the past, I never needed to. I downloaded the installer and everything Just
Worked.

So let me start off by saying, thank you for that.

(So, then, I should also apologize for the heat in my messages. I've been too
critical and not appreciative enough. For that, I did deserve to get a rant.)

With that said...

> We have a quick an easy solution to this! If you don't want KDE's Plasma
> Desktop, there's a very simple solution.
> 1) Install Xubuntu (for the Xfce Desktop)
> 2) Install ubuntustudio-installer
> 3) Install what you need for Ubuntu Studio using Ubuntu Studio Installer!

I'll just point out that there is a missing step 4: Spend half a day
reinstalling software. This is the part that is perhaps easy (perhaps not), and
definitely not quick. (As I stated earlier, I had to do this recently... it
really did take that long. Started around 2pm, finished after 6pm.)

In any case... Plasma was stable yesterday (though I didn't use the machine
that much), so I'll keep monitoring the situation and gradually put stuff in
place in XFCE as a backup.

hjh